So beautifully done. Big ten commercial / game of thrones music.They even did justice to my alma mater OSU and my home state’s rutgers
Seriously, even most of the residents and attendings don’t know the vaccine schedules because a) the nurses are in charge of giving shots b) the computer alerts you if someone needs a vaccine and c) there’s an app for that.
the chief res was talking to a bunch of nurses in the ambulatory surg center. they were asking about halloween this year. One nurse asked is Dr. S coming?
The chief: yea i think so
The Chief: what does mhm mean
**meanwhile the students are like “what just happened”…i said yea, she would tap one of our residents
see so many wounds, ulcers … but at least i get to scrub in for i&d
got assigned to present median arcuate ligament syndrome … already kicking myself for not knowing what it was
I submitted a writeup to Dr. OBnoxious yesterday, and we went over it today. The first issue was that I made the same “mistake” in my writeup that I had been making in my OCPs (ie. I started with the ID/CC format, “Pt is a (age)(gender) with a…
Yes i saw this today during my presentation during rounds. I was told not to start presentation so and so presents with PMHX of ___ and ___ presents to the ED with ___ … instead just go in order, … i wish everyone was the same and it didn’t matter…its the same info anyway as long as its organized.
my first NY morning…its COLD! im used to the triple digits bs in the deep south but daymn. Off to the hospital in a few, but found a strategically located dunkin donuts 1 mile away…somebody’s found a reason to jog in the morning :) … its BEAUTIFUL here.
I saw someone who was in ICU the ENTIRE month and some turn the corner and reached the floor, and i mean it was BAD and on multiple occasions almost reached hepatorenal and has to be on dialysis. The twin pt (who is eerily similar) is also turning around after going into DIC 3x. sometimes the best thing to do is watchful waiting but wow.
Enroute to THE city
Classic Disney Movies
I was tagged by mymedlife
The rules are-
1) You answer these 11 questions
2) You write 11 new questions for the people you tag
3) You tag 11 people
4) You tell these 11 people that you’ve tagged them
My questions are:
1. If you could only eat one kind of cookie for the rest of your life what would it be?
- peanut butter/chocolate chip
2. You are stuck on a deserted island, complete with sharks and a boat destroying laser barrier, and you can only bring one thing. What is it?
- 500-book loaded kindle
3. You are a super villain, what is your go-to weapon?
4. You work at a major pharmaceutical company and invent a new weight loss drug, what overly complicated name do you give it?
5. As an undergrad working in a lab, you are bitten by a genetically mutated mouse, what superpower do you get?
6. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day off?
7. You’ve been accepted to Hogwarts, what animal do you bring?
8. Favorite kind of penguin, and why?
- emperor .. the name, duh.
9. Your two favorite X-men have a child, what mutant power does said child have?
- jean grey and gambit make a child that has aquakinesis
10. We all know Whinny the Pooh characters remind us of psych disorders. A new friend moves to the hundred acre woods, describe him/her so we can all figure out the diagnosis.
- a girl walks in the woods, finds a cabin, finds 3 bowls of soup…she takes 3 sips from the first one, says hot hot hot, 3 sips from the second one, says cold cold cold, 3 sips from the 3rd one, and says its just right right right…she hates that she does this and can’t stop it
11. All water fountains now dispense an alcoholic beverage, what is it?
- miami vice
1.) If you can only eat 1 meal for the rest of your life, appetizer, main, desert, what would it be?
2.) if you were a disney prince or princess, who would you be?
3.) if you can pick 1 country to visit for a week, where would it be?
4.) what TV character is most like you?
5.) favorite type of chocolate?
6.) cheesecake factory has x amount of flavors of cheesecakes, what is your favorite?
7.) your favorite animal
8.) your favorite TV show character who’s a male and your favorite movie character who’s a female, what’s the name of the child?
9.) would you rather go to outer space for a week, or travel the length of the great wall of china by foot
10.) your favorite UNESCO world heritage site or the site you really really want to visit
11.) Your latest TV show obsession right now
I got a full body massage before taking the MCAT and Step 1.
10/10 would recommend.
My undergrad had free massages before finals.
They were awesome
wow. I’ve been reading…
i said the same thing. Except we have our OMT seshes after exams.